Hello teachers and learners! Here is a lesson you can do in order to practice your English writing skills.
In this lesson, students are taught on how to do a research on the internet and how to write a simple YouTube video script. The main goal is to let students write their sentences and present it in a script form. When the script is done, teachers can instruct them to practice speaking their script. If they have already mastered it, let the students take a video like they are delivering in their YouTube channel.
Here is a sample script. There are three parts, the introduction, body and the conclusion. Teachers should assign students in groups and let them work together.
ED: Hi guys, this is the HEALTHY BUDDY Channel, I am Ed, and here are my friends Tom, Gerry, Lina, and Son. Today, we are going to share you some health tips about COVID-19.
TOM: COVID-19 means CORONA VIRUS DISEASE. It was discovered in 2019 and became a worldwide pandemic in 2020. Many people have died already of this virus. So here are some tips on how to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
GERRY: (talks about the tips from number 1-4. Numbers can be read as first, second, third, and fourth… etc.)
- Clean your hands often. It’s important to clean our hands…
- Use soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Maintain a safe distance from anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Wear a mask when physical distancing is not possible.
LINA: (talks about the tips from number 5-8)
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention.
SON: (talks about the conclusion of the video)
There you have it guys, the things that you can do to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Stay safe and be healthy.
ALL MEMBERS: (All members will say in chorus)
If you liked our video, hit the “Like” button, subscribe to our channel and share this video. Bye-bye!